www.ourpsychicart.com

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Gateway to the Now Group > Gateway to the Now - Feeling

Frankey Craig
Site Owner

Greetings tribe!

This meditation does require us to FEEL our FEELINGS so for best results, please ensure you are alone and in a safe space where you will not be disturbed.

This weeks theme is

‘Feeling’

EXPLORE

Our emotions have a lot of mental conversation, a lot of stories! I have struggled in the past to discern between what is the thought and what is the emotion.

As I practice presence throughout my day I notice that, even within just 30 minutes, there are a lot of things that come and go.

Presence reminds me that I don’t need to try so hard to sort it all out. We don’t have to attach so much meaning to what arises, and we also don’t have to identify with our emotions so strongly.

All we need to do is allow ourselves to experience the energy—and in time it will move through you. It will.

But first, we need to experience the emotion.

Just as we do with our breath in this practise. We are experiencing the breath going in and going out.

Just as we observe our breath in this way, we can also allow our feelings to come and go.

We notice them, we do not push them away, we do not embellish them or wallow in them.

We simply allow it to move through us.

A guide of mine shared this Zen proverb the other day

‘’Consider the trees which allow the birds to perch and fly away without either inviting them to stay or desiring them never to depart. If your heart can be like this, you’ll be near to the Way.“

HOME PLAY

Find the feeling!

See if you can catch yourself creating a narrative. When you can do this look for the root. The emotion that is rooted in the story.

Once you have found the emotion, allow yourself to feel it with no expectations attached to when it might end. Practice allowing the feeling to move through you.

Catch the mind trying to protect you from the feeling. It doesn't want to feel sad, vulnerable, pain or any discomfort so it will do its best to distract you with all the chatter of its stories.

To listen to this meditation please visit

https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/play/zgXyXJcGwcmI56a-hel0seK4T_abfZBairqMJd3bj9HwVyYL9uBSyr8mplrKXT3WB9_cUlZ7fADtHwQ-.7RSBiyNzCMixkHVG

Gateway to the NOW will be back on SUNDAY 2nd May 2021

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sending endless blessings,

FRANKEY

WWW.OURPSYCHICART.COM

April 19, 2021 at 10:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.