Forum

Forum Home > Frankeys Blog > Little Teachers Magic Medicine Mandala

Frankey Craig
Site Owner

Greetings to you!

Finally! The Little Teachers Magic Medicine Mandala is complete! I say finally because this is actually my 2nd attempt. The first time around was difficult because I had some stressful situations manifesting in my life and I was struggling to stay in control of my focus. That monkey mind just kept chatting away so I literally ruined the first little teachers mandala beyond repair although, I have kept it as my ‘tester’ canvas so all is not lost.

Little Teachers indeed! There was a lesson to be learnt in that experience. I can’t force these beautiful creations and expect them to contain a high vibration. Sometimes you just got to sit down, relax and do your inner work. I get it. You can’t force the flow and I can’t channel unconditional loving energy when I am battling a stressful state. Not yet anyway.

So, once I had my down time and did my soul searching, I got back to painting the little teacher mandala but with completely fresh eyes. The first was great but I felt the second one was bringing a really nice energy flow with it. It felt right.

I so love the journey I go on with each mandala. There is so much learning at conscious and unconscious levels. With the Little Teacher Magic Medicine mandala my intention was to explore the realms of the Psilocybin mushroom also known as the magic mushroom and see where it took me.

I always create my mandala first. Then when I am done I start typing up my intuitions and doing my research for my write up. This way I am not hindered by information. I can create what I feel unhindered by logic and then read into that.

‘’All of the hottest and most exotic objects in the Universe radiate strongly in the Ultra-Violet range. They’re so powerful, they affect the whole Universe’’. Dr. John Hutchings

Straight away I knew this mandala was going to have some fluorescent, neon and glow in the dark paint incorporated so that we could see it glow at night with a black light. This really brings in a very different dimension. Meditating with it day and night is definitely an ‘experience’.

I learnt through my experiences with plant medicines and exploring altered states that a dark environment actualizes higher and higher states of consciousness, which correlate with the synthesis of chemicals in the brain. I am very drawn to use the sensory deprivation tanks for this reason. In a dark environment the pineal gland overflows with certain neuro-transmitters that awaken the super-conscious. Eventually it encourages the brain to synthesize DMT. It is DMT that facilitates a transcendental experience of Universal Love. This enables our Spirit to journey beyond the realms of Time and Space.

Black light lamps feel like an important aspect to some of my mandala paintings. Black light will actually illuminate other colours and give them very different vibrations and emanations when viewed under its rays.

If you turn on a black light bulb in a dark room, what you can see from the bulb is a purplish glow. What you cannot see is the ultraviolet light that the bulb is also producing. Our eyes can see visible light in a spectrum ranging from red through orange, yellow, green, blue and violet. Above violet is ultraviolet light, which we cannot usually see.

I feel like the combination of the black light and the mandala allows us to shift into the ultraviolet energy frequency. Under the influence of these rays, everything takes on a different dimension. It creates a very magical healing environment. I definitely feel an extremely balancing aspect to the black light mandalas. They have a day/night energy. Yin/Yang. Masculine/feminine. Left brain and right-brain functions.

I placed the moon in the centre of the canvas with the Master Teacher Mushrooms because of the high lunar gravitational pull that brings more moisture to the soil and the decreasing moonlight combines to make this a time for root crops (i.e. carrots, parsnips, onions, radishes, beetroot, and potatoes), trees and shrubs, and spring bulbs or perennials with large fleshy roots , which do best when planted in the waning half of the Moon’s cycle. And, this is the best time to pick mushrooms.

There are more than 200 species of fungus that produce psilocybin or psilocin, the two psychoactive substances most commonly associated with psychedelic mushrooms.

‘’Psilocybin mushrooms, also known as psychedelic mushrooms, are mushrooms that contain the psychedelic compounds psilocybin and psilocin’’. - Wikipedia

‘’Psilocybin mushrooms may have been used since prehistoric times. They are possibly depicted in Stone Age rock art in Europe and Africa, and have a history of use in pre-Columbian Mesoamerica. Many cultures have used these mushrooms in their religious rites and ceremonies’’. - Wikipedia

Well, immediately the mushrooms began reminding me of one of my favourite people of our day and age… Graham Hancock. I feel aligned with his historical work. I encourage you to research him as he explores many mysteries with a very balanced perspective.

One of the many things that Graham has talked about that really caught my interest some years back now was the ancient cave art that we find all around the world. For example; the cave of El Castillo in Spain, dated at around 40,000 years old and also Chauvet Cave in France, dating to around 30,000 years ago. It seems that the cave paintings indicate a radical turning point in the evolution of mankind. This was the emergence of creativity and imagination. You may ask well how did that happen?

Well, many archaeologists and art historians have also presented us with examples of cave art proposing they were signs of shamanism. Shamanism is loosely defined as a practice involving a person who enters into an altered state of consciousness in order to enter into other worlds. The shaman usually enters into this altered state through ritual such as; chanting, dancing, using hallucinogenic plants etc. Some ancient cave art even features mushrooms, which could definitely be a sign of early mushroom use to reach these altered states.

Graham Hancock says that he thinks this could be a sign of hallucinations giving early shamans the ability to access other dimensions. They then depicted their experiences on the walls of the caves.

Modern research has found that psilocybin can, quite literally, expand consciousness.

‘’In a recent brain-scanning study, British researchers found that ingesting psilocybin caused normally disconnected brain regions to communicate with each other. FMRI scans showed that the connections aren’t random — the brain retains its organizational features, but the connections are completely different than they are in a normal brain state. This helps to explain some of the common effects of psilocybin reported by users, such as new insights and world-shattering realizations, synesthesia and nonlinear thinking.

Other research showed that psilocybin dampens activity in areas of the brain associated with sensory processing. Normally, these areas pose constraints on the way we experience the world through our senses, grounding us in material reality. By reducing activity in these areas, the senses are heightened and perception seems to expand. These brain regions are also the seat of the ego and are responsible for giving us our sense of self, so by hindering their activity, users often report experiences of oneness with the universe and interconnection.

Just one experience with psilocybin can have lasting positive emotional and psychological effects. Psychedelic experiences can make individuals more open-minded, Johns Hopkins researchers found. One “trip” was enough to cause significant changes in the “openness to experience” personality domain — which is associated with creativity, intellectual curiosity and an appreciation for art and beauty — for over a year’’. - Huffington Post ‘What We Really Know About Psychedelic Mushrooms’.

So, with this in mind maybe that’s what happened to early mankind? We ate mushrooms that literally rewired our brains for greater creativity and evolution. They helped us to break rigid patterns of thinking and allowed for a shift in consciousness.

‘’The subjective effects that mushrooms induce such as feelings of interconnectedness are likely a result of their ability to decrease the interconnectivity of integration hubs in the brain. That is, psilocybin allows for more “cross talk” between brain regions that is typically kept separate, which, researchers speculate, enables a state of “unconstrained cognition.” Many of the same brain activity patterns are also observed during various states of meditation as well’’. - Ultimate Guide to Magic Mushrooms

Another person's work I respect is Anthropologist, Jeremy Narby. Especially his book ‘The Cosmic Serpent - DNA and the Origins of Knowledge’. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in shamanism, hallucinogenic plants and the correspondences between this and the latest scientific research about DNA and the origins of our species. The Cosmic Serpent is a fascinating exploration of the links between DNA and molecular biology. He has incredible knowledge of plants and biochemistry.

DNA is often described as a ladder, a twisted rope or spiral staircase. Shamans also use these symbols and talk of ladders, braided ropes, vines, or bridges that connect heaven to earth. The Shamanic ladder is the earliest version of the ‘axis of the world’ or World Tree that connects different levels of reality. Usually you have to be dead to climb this axis and enter the Otherworld, but a shaman does it by using entheogens, dance and music. Are they really accessing DNA when they do this?

One of the amazing parts of The Cosmic Serpent, is the section where Narby describes what happened when he showed some paintings by Peruvian shamans to a molecular biologist. The paintings are by Luis Eduardo Luna and Pablo Amaringo and are filled with brightly coloured snakes, zigzags, vines and mysterious beings. Narby’s biologist friend instantly recognised the molecular structure of DNA hidden within the artwork: “Those are triple helixes… And that’s DNA from afar, looking like a telephone cord. This looks like chromosomes at a specific phase… There’s the spread-out form of DNA, and right next to it are DNA spools in their nucleosome structure.” It seems that shamans can take their consciousness down to the molecular level and watch DNA replicating itself. They have direct access to the reality of molecular biology, and have done for thousands of years. Western science is only just starting to catch up.

So, now I am led into DMT (N,N- or 5-MeO-Dimethyltryptamine) which is one of the most potent psychedelics known to man, a naturally occurring compound that is present in psilocybin mushrooms and also occurs naturally within everything that lives although scientists aren't sure where it actually comes from I found Dr Rick Strassman's studies with DMT very compelling. He wrote about this research in the popular book, DMT: The Spirit Molecule.

Dr Strassman was led to DMT through his earlier study of the pineal gland as a potential biological focus for spiritual experiences, he administered several hundred doses of DMT to approximately 60 volunteers between 1990 and 1995.

One of his theories is that in times of extreme physical stress, some near death experiences, and even during deep REM sleep, the body releases DMT. Science has established DMT in the lungs but Dr Strassman also theorizes that we also may have it in our pineal gland.

We know that DMT exists in every mammal investigated and in hundreds of plants including our magic mushroom friends. It is amazingly far reaching. One of Dr Strassman's pet theories is that DMT may function as a type of cross species language/communication, in that it allows communication between and among any organisms that possess it.

I love this account from one of Dr Strassman's volunteers.

"I felt the DMT release my soul's energy and push it through the DNA. It's what happened when I lost my body. There were spirals that reminded me of things I've seen at Chaco Canyon. Maybe that was DNA. Maybe the ancients knew that. The DNA is backed into the universe like space travel. One needs to travel without one's body. It's ridiculous to think about space travel in little ships." - Sara, a volunteer in Dr Strassman's DMT research

There is a real connection here the plants are trying to share with us. The DMT and DNA just keeps cropping up. I feel like the psilocybin mushrooms are no exception and are sharing all of this information with us through this mandala and it will gently unfold for its owner.

I believe that humanity is evolving once again in our history. We are experiencing a global shift in consciousness, 1 person at a time. Perhaps we will go from 2 strands of DNA to 12? One thing that is for sure is that the little plant teachers are calling out to us again. We are in a 60s/70s renaissance but this time around I believe we have a better understanding of what we are working with, we are remembering to respect these plants, honour their wisdom and their powerful healing medicine.

It may be easy for those who have never consumed the mushrooms, to argue that the visions and insights experienced by users are mere “hallucinations.” But for many who work with mushroom medicine magic, it is quite the opposite. The experiences had on higher doses of psilocybin are often found to be of such profundity that they are frequently described as, well, something that can’t be described but ultimately positively life changing.

Consuming the sacred fungi is not something to be taken lightly. While many people in western cultures are introduced to these fungi in a more casual or party-like environment, it is recommend to approach these fungi as something to be honored and respected. Always work with intention in ceremony.

We are not limited to having to consume the magical fungi. You could just simply call on the mushrooms and set your intention to work with their energy medicine.

This mandala is infused with knowledge and healing that is not limited to being a one time experience. This mandala will continue working with you as long as you have it. It will act as a portal for the healing energies you need to come through so I encourage you to connect with it during dips of energy or at times of transition.

As you connect deeply with this mandala you are activated to shift vibration to a higher octave than before. This vibration is strengthened by the psilocybin healing energies that are energetically woven into this mandala which will naturally and gently activate the dmt in your body so expect some psychedelic experiences that will take you to another dimension!

Original painting on 24x24 inch canvas - Mixed media (matte acrylic paints, neon, glow in the dark, silver leaf) - Smudged with sage

Prints available on Redbubble products

--

Sending Endless Rainbow Blessings,

Frankey 

More about Frankey

February 8, 2017 at 8:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.