Forum

Forum Home > Frankeys Blog > Inner Labyrinth

Frankey Craig
Site Owner

You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

Walking a labyrinth is an ancient practice whose time has come again. All "walkers" alike have observed that everything in and on the labyrinth is metaphor for one's life, for change and for transformation.

The journey of creating this unique mandala has been no different to that of navigating the deepest crevices of the subconscious mind. It has allowed me to explore the vast space of my mind and map my way back to the core of my soul. It has been an extremely enlightening process and has fine tuned some of my clairvoyant abilities further.

Before I go into any more detail I want to share the initial ideas behind this mandalas creation and the reason I have chosen the colours...

So, one day as I am in the process of getting ready to paint this mandala I walked into work and saw a piece of artwork that called to me. It was a beautiful labyrinth that had been created by an artist named Jackie Radford. It began to inspire all kinds of ideas. I encourage you to visit the Hive, Gastonia to see Jackies labyrinth, it’s truly wondrous to behold.

https://www.facebook.com/JRadfordArt/

https://www.facebook.com/HiveGastonia

I knew I wanted to explore the purple realm with my paint pallette. There was no question in my mind there. The colour purple is related to our Third Eye Chakra so I felt that this labyrinth I was inspired to create was an inner labyrinth. The kind of labyrinth we all have to walk within ourselves to find a place of enlightenment, to find connection to our spirit/our soul.

The colour purple activates our imagination, dreams and spirituality. It allows us to get in touch with our deepest thoughts and with our subconscious mind.

The purple realm inspires us to improve our psychic abilities and spiritual awareness as well as ensure that we stay grounded and down to earth. I like that! It encourages a perfect balance of heaven and earth within ourselves.

The purples in this mandala range from deep indigo to lighter shades of purple such as lavender. When you spend time with this mandala you begin to activate your pituitary gland/third eye which assists in revealing clairvoyant abilities. It then begins to activate futuristic, idealistic, artistic, magical and etheric aspects of SELF.

I have also included the colours white, gold and silver in the creation of this mandala for their healing medicine:-

Silver: This is a feminine colour. The colour of abundance, both spiritual and physical. Silver activates the awakening of the cosmic mind.

Gold: This is a masculine colour. The colour of enlightenment and divine protection. It guides you to your highest good. It is divine guidance.

White: A pure state of light. It has spiritual, etheric and non-physical quality. It is transcendent and permeates throughout the higher dimensions. It represents purity and truth.

The creation of this mandala reminded me that life is a beautiful journey which is unique to each and every one of us. I think of life as a mountain that we all climb, each path is full of possibility but we are all headed in the exact same direction. How each of us gets to the top of the mountain doesn’t matter, it’s for them to experience. It certainly doesn't do any of us good to stop and point out where we think others have gone wrong on their paths. That just delays our own journey. One thing guaranteed for each of us is that all of us on our journeys of life will experience highs and lows, joys and sorrows, twists and turns, laughter and love, adventures and challenges. Life is a big school from which we learn through experiencing.

Every day each of us from the moment we open our eyes begin to make decisions. Most of those decisions are actually subconscious and are directing the course of our life and which paths we are to take. Did you know that 12% of our mind is conscious and the remaining 88% is subconscious?

Over the years I have studied hypnotherapy (for healing) which has lead to all kinds of research around the subconscious mind and the rest of the brain! It even lead me to dip my toes into some psychology research. My conclusion to date is that I feel there is a connection between the subconscious mind and the human energy field. There seems to be communication going on between the two and when you can access that subconscious you start gaining insights into all kinds of information.

I truly feel that understanding our subconscious is one of the keys to enlightenment.

So how do we even begin to connect with our subconscious? Well, we have to all walk this crazy inner labyrinth that is not in the physical world. Its walls are not made of brick and stone, its pathways not lined with pretty hedges. This labyrinth is entirely in our minds. The limiting boundaries enclosing our steps arise out of the beliefs we hold, we must follow each thought and belief we have down into the rabbit hole of our minds. All the junctions we come to are nothing but the options that spring forth from our thinking. It is a labyrinth of our own creation.

When you seek enlightenment and spiritual development walking your own ‘mind labyrinth’ becomes a choice. A sacred act. A journey into the unexplored depths of your subconscious mind. A profound initiation into the Mysteries of Life, a quest back to the beginning. If your determination is strong enough you will find your way back to the core of your soul and you will be absolutely transformed!

When walking your inner labyrinth my tip is to stop and breathe often. Remember that you’re not falling behind because you are not on some linear race through time. You’re walking the labyrinth of life. Yes, you’re meant to move forward, but hardly ever in a straight line. Yes, there’s an element of achievement, of beginning and ending, but those are minor compared to the element of being here now. It’s all about the journey.

The moment you honour the flow of your path is the moment you stop trying to conquer the labyrinth of life and simply inhabit it, you become a part of it, you realize it was designed to hold you safe as you explore. You’ll see that you’re exactly where you’re meant to be, adventuring along a spiraling path that is meant to lead you not onward, but inward.

Every single dot and line in this Labyrinth Mandala is an experience. Allow it to take you on a journey to your centre. Use it as a meditation or prayer tool. Allow it to assist you to reflect your past as well as expand your vision for the future. This mandala creates a sacred space that takes us out of our ego into "That Which Is Within."

This mandala painting is on a 24x24 inch canvas. I have used silver leaf liquid, matte acrylic paints. Smudged with dragons blood and white sage (AKA red sage).

Art of Meditation Mandala Info

--

Sending Endless Rainbow Blessings,

Frankey 

More about Frankey

December 15, 2016 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.